- Annual NSS Conference will be November 9-13. Ann Arbor, MI. with pre-conference lecture on the evening of Nov. 8. THEME: CW 323 Interdisciplinary Astronomy.
The Science Section 2017 Summer-University.Program brochure: https://ds.goetheanum.ch:7001/sharing/nw5S0DOzxDate: August 20 – September 1, 2017Location: Lötschental and DornachTheme: Colour in the Elements; Elements of ColourLanguages: English and Chinese Mandarin
- Evolving Morphology Conference at the Research Institute of the Goetheanum in Dornach, 4 – 8 October 2017. In the dawn of epigenetic inheritance, the phenotype regains a prominent position in evolutionary thinking, as traits acquired during the lifetime of individual organisms can be passed on to further generations. It is time to reconsider concepts leading towards an understanding not only of the survival – which has been well established – but the arrival of the fittest. For this reason, we look forward to celebrating the 200-year anniversary of the publication of Goethe’s notebooks under the title Zur Morphologie (On Morphology), with a conference. Please feel invited to submit a proposal for a presentation on your work by July 1, 2017. Format: 20minutes (approximately 15min. for presenation and 5 min. for discussion). Contributions in either German or English are welcome.
The link for online submission is:
Registration: link. The conference will be held in both German and English.
- 2016 Annual Meeting of The North American Geology Group: Asking The Granite Itself About Its Origin, A Dialogue with Manifestations of Goethe’s Archetypal Rock within the Coastal Maine Lithotectonic Block Dates: 3pm Tuesday, August 23rd to 3pm Sunday, August 28th (Goethe’s Birthday). Location: Water Research Institute in Blue Hill, Maine. Conference Details and registration.
- Annual NSS Conference will be December 1-4. Ann Arbor, MI. Invitation. Conference agenda, housing, registration TBA.
- Picture Forming Methods, Nov. 18-22, Chicago, IL. Conference Report. Article by John Barnes on Picture Forming
- Evolving Science, International Conference of the Science Section at the Goetheanum, 9/30 – 10/4. Conference Report. Also a workshop report.
- The Delicate Balance of GAIA, 8/6 – 8/10, Bear River, Nova Scotia
2014: “The Path Towards Understanding the Imponderable in Nature: Enlivening Our Understanding through Color” in Portland, OR.
2013: “Humanness and Animalness: Pathways to Experiencing the Invisible within the Visible” at The Nature Institute in Harlemville, NY.
2012: “The Threefold Principle in the Human and Animal Organism with a Focus on Recursion: Cultivating Metamorphic Thinking” with Mark Riegner, in Chicago, IL.
2011: “Experiencing Moving, Forming and Rhythm In Water Flow: An Approach to the Fluid Event of Water” at the Water Research Institute in Blue Hill, ME.
2010: “A Study of the Spherical and Radial Principles in the Human and Animal Systems, with a Focus on Horns and Antlers” in Chicago, IL.
2009:“Metamorphosis and Imagination”in Chicago, IL..
2008: “The Art of Research: Cultivating Feeling as an Organ of Perception for Scientists” in Portland, OR.
2007: ”Metamorphosis in Embryology” at Life Forms Studio in Amherst, MA.
2006: “About the Formative Forces in the Plant: A Study of the Fslower” in Portland, OR.
2005: “About the Formative Forces in the Plant: A Study of the Leaf” in Portland, OR.